I, a Pakistani author at the age of 19, ventured into the writing sphere for the third time with my science fiction & fantasy novel. My short story The Magic Building is available online while my second book Refraction of Beauty a novella, is published both online and in print edition. I was the youngest student on my English Literature course Brontës from Oxford University and have successfully completed two courses from Harvard University, namely Justice and The Ancient Greek Hero. I am currently pursuing my undergraduate degree in English from Goldsmiths, University of London, at The LGS International Degree Programme.
Novel “Interference” published at age 19 both online (Apple iBooks, Barnes & Noble etc.) and in print edition. – 2015.
Novella “Refraction of Beauty” published at age 17 both online (Apple iBooks, Barnes & Noble etc.) and in print edition. – 2013.
REFRACTION OF BEAUTY
Short story “The Magic Building” published online at age 16 (Apple iBooks, Barnes & Noble etc.) – 2012.
THE MAGIC BUILDING
- In the third and final year of my external BA English degree from Goldsmiths, University of London.
- Highest Achiever in English Board Exams (2015).
- Recipient of Dr. Neelam Hussain Full Scholarship at The LGS International Degree Programme. (2014 – 2017)
- Director’s Award for Excellence in English Literature (2014)
- Completed two courses from Harvard University namely Justice and The Ancient Greek Hero. (2013).
- Youngest student on the Oxford University course “Brontës” and receiving 10 CAT points. (2012).
- Two-time winner of Highest Achiever in English (2011 and 2010).
- Selected for Django Girls seminar in Lahore. (2016)
- Part of the initiating team of the Big Question Seminar at LGS, conducting presentations that promote 21st Century thinking. (2016).
- Head of newsletter for the Law Moot (2016).
- Invited to speak at the Lahore Grammar School Reading Week twice. (2016)
- Featured in two articles in “The News on Sunday” (2015 and 2016), an article on the struggles of being a writer in “The Sunday Magazine” (2013) and why writing is wonderful for the Lahore School of Economics magazine (2015). Also featured in a write up on being a budding writer in Instep magazine (2015).
- Invited to speak as a panellist twice at the Khayaal Literature Festival (2015 and 2013).
- Participated in LUMUN (2015).
- Ambassador for the IQRA Project – selling specially made jewellery to raise funds for children’s education (2015).
- Volunteer at the Bargain Basement Sale working towards the collection of funds for earthquake victims. (2015).
- Invited to speak on Girl Empowerment at the Lahore American School at their “LAS in pink” fundraiser (2014).
- President of the Literature Society (2014 – 2017) and English Department Representative (2014 – 2017).
- Secretary at the US-Pak Youth Council (2013 – 2014) conducting welfare projects.
- Part of the Lahore Grammar School Editorial Board in the student body council (2013 – 2014).
- Volunteer at the first instalment of the Lahore Literary Festival (2013).
- Part of the Editorial Committee at Convent of Jesus and Mary (2011).
An ardent music and movie fan with special interest in writing, reading literature and Cooking. I also dabble in video games.